View as List Grid
- -29%14/15CutflowerZantedeschia Calla Lily RedZantedeschia redSpecial Price €3.75 Regular Price €5.25Stock 100+This Red flowering Zantedeschia is exquisitely shaped and will be a real winner in your garden. Plant them in large planters and over the years... Learn More
- 14/153xZantedeschia Mix Calla Lily x 3€11.95Stock 58Zantedeschia also known as 'The Nile Lily' cultured by the Ancient Egyptians at the time of the Pharaohs, this plant has proved incredibly popular in Learn More
- -34%14/15CutflowerZantedeschia YellowZantedeschia YellowSpecial Price €3.45 Regular Price €5.25Stock 100+This delicate yellow flower is exquisitely shaped and will be a real winner in your garden. Plant them in large planters and over the years they will Learn More
- -42%14/15CutflowerZantedeschia Calla Lily PurpleZantedeschia PurpleSpecial Price €3.20 Regular Price €5.50Stock 100+This delicate purple flower is exquisitely shaped and will be a real winner in your garden. Plant them in large planters and over the years they will Learn More
- -30%CutflowerZantedeschia Calla RehmanniiZantedeschia RehmanniiSpecial Price €3.95 Regular Price €5.50Stock 100+This delicate pink flower is exquisitely shaped and will be a real winner in your garden. Plant them in large planters and over the years they will gr Learn More
- -47%14/15CutflowerZantedeschia Calla Lily Santa FeZantedeschia Santa FeSpecial Price €3.15 Regular Price €5.95Stock 100+A great Calla Lily in lovely bright color. Unique for a planter or as a solitairy plant in a semi shaded area . The striking colour will enhance... Learn More
- -50%14/15CutflowerZantedeschia Calla Lily PinkZantadeschia PinkSpecial Price €2.75 Regular Price €5.25Stock 100+This delicate pink flower is exquisitely shaped and will be a real winner in your garden. Plant them in large planters and over the years they will gr Learn More
View as List Grid
Calla Lilies also known as Zantedeschias - grow from rhizomes
Calla lily flowers have two parts a wrap around petal- like leaf called a spathe with a spike made out of tiny flowers called a spadix. Calla Lilies produce large architectural blooms on upright sword-like leaves.
Blooming in late spring or early summer on tall stems, Calla lily flowers are grown as ornamental plants in the garden and for their use as cut flowers. These beautiful Calla lilies thrive in moist but well-drained soil and sun or part shade.
We supply large Zantedeschia Calla rhizomes for best results, they make perfect pond-side plants and will make a striking impression in any garden!
How to Grow Zantedeschia in pots
Fill your pot with a minimum of 17 cm wide for 2/3 full of well drained planting Soil (mix 2/3 planting compost with 1/3 of sand for good drainage), and place the rhizome, with the pointed growing tip facing up, on top of the mix. Cover the rhizome with the remaining Soil. Water well after planting and keep the Soil evenly moist.
Potted Calla lilies or Zantedeschia should be placed in a warm sunny location indoors. Once the shoots have materialized, they may be placed outside on a sunny to semi shady location. Feed with a weak solution of liquid fertiliser every 3-4 weeks while they are showing signs of New growth.
Remove flowers when they begin to fade. When the plant has finished blooming, allow the foliage to mature and gradually reduce watering until the leaves have died back. Bring the container indoors in autumn and allow the rhizomes to rest for until April in the dry pot.
Withhold watering completely until you want to start growth again in spring. If planted outside, they need a sunny, sheltered and moist location. Plant outside once the temperatures and Soil have warmed up in the spring, they are frost tender, so dig up in the autumn.