One of the most beautiful and graceful ornamental grasses is the Pennisetum, also known as fountain grasses. With its beautiful feathery flower spikes, it is a showpiece in any garden. The plant is easy to maintain and is very popular in the modern garden. With a little bit of wind you can hear the soft rustling of the grass, enjoy!
View as List Grid
- Ø 9cmPennisetum alopecuroides HamelnPennisetum alopecuroides Hameln€5.75Stock 81Chinese Fountain Grass is one of the most popular late flowering ornamental grasses. In autumn the leaves turning bright golden-yellow in the... Learn More
- Ø 15cmPennisetum Purple BaronPennisetum Purple Baron€11.95Stock 12Make a bold statement in the garden with this Ornamental millet. One of the most popular grasses. This exotic looking grass will return each year.... Learn More
- Ø 9cmPennisetum Alopecuroides HerbstzauberPennisetum alopecuroides€6.95Out of stockPennisetum alopecuroides 'Herbstzauber' is more commonly known as Chinese fountain grass. This bold clump forming grass has arching stems and attracti Learn More
- Ø 9cmPennisetum alopecuroides Little BunnyPennisetum alopecuroides Little Bunny€5.75Out of stock'Little Bunny' is the smallest of the dwarf fountain grasses. In late summer they send out beautiful, creamy-beige fuzzy flower plumes that turn... Learn More
- 10-15cmPennisetum Black BeautyPennisetum alopecuroides Black Beauty€7.25Out of stockPennisetum Black Beauty have very dark spikes that remain in color well into... Learn More
- 10-15cmPennisetum alopecuroides Lumen GoldPennisetum alopecuroides Lumen Gold€8.50Out of stockCanary yellow in spring and greenish yellow in summer when the flower enters.... Learn More
- Ø 9cmPennisetum alopecuroides MoudryPennisetum alopecuroides Moudry€5.95Out of stockPennisetum Moudry clump-forming fountain grass producing narrow, medium to deep green leaves in summer, changing to golden yellow in autumn and... Learn More
- Ø 17cmPennisetum alopecuroides HamelnPennisetum alopecuroides Hameln€13.95Out of stockChinese Fountain Grass is one of the most popular late flowering ornamental grasses. In autumn the leaves turning bright golden-yellow in the... Learn More
- Pennisetum alopecuroides Little BunnyPennisetum alopecuroides Little Bunny€10.95Out of stock'Little Bunny' is the smallest of the dwarf fountain grasses. In late summer they send out beautiful, creamy-beige fuzzy flower plumes that turn... Learn More
View as List Grid
Pennisetum plants are more commonly known as fountain grasses but other common names include (Elephant Grass, Foxtail, Napier, Feathertop, Pearl Millet).
These exotic looking grasses are named for its especially graceful spray of foliage fountain-like appearance which is spectacular when backlit by the rising or setting sun.
In late summer they send out beautiful, fuzzy flower plumes and will reward you in autumn with fabulous foliage displays. They are very versatile for virtually all garden styles and situations providing you with a wide range of colours and textures. Fountain grasses are extremely adaptable and does well in nearly any type of soil. It does self-seeds freely and are drought tolerant once established.