Rhododendron shrubs are evergreen and bloom profusely in late spring. Rhododendrons prefer to grow in partial shade in acidic soil and form the basis of a beautiful border. Preferably place a Rhododendron shrub in a place where they also come into their own in the winter, when the rest of the garden is bare.
View as List Grid
- 20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron Sappho 13 cmRhododendron Sappho€10.95Stock 36The perfect shrub for a shady or evergreen garden. Sappho produces spectacular white flowers each has a deep red blotch in the centre and is... Learn More
- 20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron Gomer WatererRhododendron Gomer€10.95Stock 32Rhododendron Gomer Waterer is a catawbiense hybrid with lovely, lilac-white flower heads and attractive dark green glossy colour foliage.... Learn More
- 20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron AliceRhododendron hybrid Alice€10.95Stock 63Rhododendron Alice produces large clusters of funnel shaped deep pink flowers fading to pale rose pink in spring. Rhododendrons are beautiful... Learn More
- -25%20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron Roseum EleganceRhododendron Roseum EleganceSpecial Price €8.20 Regular Price €10.95Stock 55Rhododendron Roseum Elegance is an old Victorian variety; it's a hybrid from the catawbiense group. It has attractive glossy evergreen foliage and... Learn More
- -25%20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron Anah KruschkeRhododendron Anah KruschkeSpecial Price €8.95 Regular Price €11.95Stock 63Rhododendrons are beautiful ornamental shrubs for acidic soils. This wonderful variety has compact clusters of deep crimson-purple flowers during... Learn More
- 20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron Silver SixpenceRhododendron Silver Sixpence€10.95Stock 57Rhododendrons are beautiful ornamental shrubs for acidic soils. Silver Sixpence is an excellent hardy compact growing shrub with rich evergreen... Learn More
- -25%20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron Nova ZemblaRhododendron Nova ZemblaSpecial Price €8.95 Regular Price €11.95Stock 37Rhododendron Nova Zembla is a very hardy dense-growing, small evergreen Rhododendron shrub with brilliant coloured bright pink flower heads,... Learn More
- Ø 9cmEvergreenRhododendron Geisha lilac 9 cm potRhododendron Geisha lilac€7.25Stock 23Geisha is a compact dwarf evergreen Japanese Azalea type of the Rhododendron Family. It blooms with fragrant lilac coloured flowers above bright... Learn More
- -11%Ø 9cmEvergreenRhododendron impeditumRhododendron impeditumSpecial Price €8.85 Regular Price €9.95Stock 85Rhododendron impeditum is a lovely dwarf evergreen shrub with a compact form, suitable for the rock garden. It is slow growing and has a great... Learn More
- 20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron Azalea FeuerwerkRhododendron Feuerwerk€9.95Stock 14Rhododendron Feuerwerk produces fragrant beautifully shaped bright orange-red flowers from May onwards. This large evergreen Japanese azalea type... Learn More
- Ø 9cmEvergreenRhododendron Geisha purple 9 cm potRhododendron Geisha purple€7.25Stock 61Rhododendron Geisha Purple is a compact dwarf evergreen Japanese Azalea type of the Rhododendron Family. Rhododendron Geisha Purple blooms with... Learn More
- 20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron DreamlandRhododendron Dreamland€11.95Stock 50Rhododendron Dreamland is an attractive evergreen shrub with fine pastel-pink flowers and a soft fragrance. In partly shady areas, the flowers will... Learn More
- 20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron FantasticaRhododendron fantastica€10.95Stock 49Rhododendron Fantastica is a compact evergreen shrub with large violet-pink flower heads above shiny, dark green, ovate foliage. A real winner with... Learn More
- 20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron Catawbiense Blue 13 cmRhododendron catawbiense Blue€11.95Stock 76Rhododendrons are beautiful ornamental shrubs. This wonderful variety has compact clusters beautiful bell-shaped flowers blooming late spring into... Learn More
- 20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron GoldikaRhododendron hybrid Goldika€10.95Stock 61Rhododendron Goldika is a very unusual compact variety; it produces pretty clusters of primrose yellow flowers in late spring to early summer.... Learn More
- -16%20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron Percy WisemanRhododendron Percy WisemanSpecial Price €12.55 Regular Price €14.95Stock 55Lovely Rhododendron Percy Wiseman blooms with masses of funnel-shaped soft pink-coloured, medium-sized flower heads that fades to soft cream with a... Learn More
- 20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron MorgenrotRhododendron Morgenrot€11.95Stock 52Rhododendron Morgenrot is a lovely, very compact growing shrub, with strong coloured flower heads. This is a Yakushimanum-hybrid, very suitable for... Learn More
- 30-40cmRhododendron impeditum 19 cm potRhododendron impeditum€13.95Out of stockRhododendron impeditum is a lovely dwarf evergreen shrub with a compact form,... Learn More
- 20-30cmEvergreenRhododendron Scarlet WonderRhododendron Scarlet Wonder€14.95Out of stockRhododendron 'Scarlet Wonder' is a forrestii-hybrid. It’s a dwarf compact small shrub forming a spreading mound with deep red trumpet-shaped... Learn More
- Ø 12cmEvergreenRhododendron RussatumRhododendron Russatum€8.50Out of stockRhododendrons are beautiful ornamental shrubs. This wonderful variety has compact clusters beautiful blue flowers blooming from March until May.... Learn More
- -25%Ø 9cmEvergreenRhododendron Geisha OrangeRhododendron Geisha OrangeSpecial Price €5.45 Regular Price €7.25Stock 100+Geisha is a compact dwarf evergreen Japanese Azalea type of the Rhododendron Family. It blooms with fragrant orange-coloured flowers above bright... Learn More
View as List Grid
Rhododendrons flower heads are spectacular and most of them are fragrant too
In the garden Rhododendrons do well in the border provided that you take care that the soil that is full with peaty compost. Create a planting hole of at least 60 x 60 x 60 cm per shrub and mix the topsoil with an equal amount of peat.
Fill up the hole firmly and water well. You will have great Rhododendrons!
Are you looking for a beautiful Rhododendron then the choice is huge in color and height. There are dwarf rhododendrons that can grow even in a rock garden, high rhododendrons, Japanese Azaleas, which are known for their exuberant bloom, Rhododendron mollis a deciduous species and species that can be planted well as hedges.
You do not have to prune the rhododendron. If the plant becomes too large, you can prune it after flowering. He will then again sprout no flowers the next year. It is a very easy-care shrub that needs little care.
How to prune Rhododendron
You can prune the Rhododendron after the winter. Immediately after flowering, in early May, is the best time to prune the Rhododendron.
If a Rhododendron does well in the garden, you can prune it as soon as it gets too big. After flowering, you should cut Rhododendron short. Where you prune the Rhododendron, it also runs out and flowers the following year. After pruning, in early May, the Rhododendron still has a whole growing season to make new twigs. Therefore, never perform this pruning in other months.
Buy Rhododendrons at online garden center Gardens4You
You can buy Rhododendrons quickly and easily at gardens4you, your online garden center. We have a large range of Rhododendrons to choose from directly from the nursery.
On all our Rhododendrons shrubs you get standard grow and bloom guarantee, if you are not satisfied you get new plants or your money back. So you can order with peace of mind. We have the best quality bushes.
Also take a look at our other bushes. Such as the very popular clematis, buxus boxwood and hydrangea.