View as List Grid
- 20-30cmGroundcoveringVinca major variegataVinca major variegata€6.50 As low as €6.18Stock 32This Vinca major is the variegated specie of the large greater Periwinkle, a rapid growing ground covering plant with brilliant blue flowers on top... Learn More
- Ø 9cmGroundcoveringVinca minor Gertrude JekyllVinca minor Gertrude Jekyll€6.50Stock 85Vinca minor Gertrude Jekyll is a lovely white flowering Periwinkle, ideal for covering larger areas and as an edging plant (around ponds). It's an... Learn More
- Ø 9cmGroundcoveringVinca minor AtropurpureaVinca minor 'Atropurpurea'€6.50Stock 68Vinca minor or Periwinkle is a strong ground covering plant, ideal for covering larger areas and as an edging plant (around ponds). The variety... Learn More
- Ø 9cmVinca minorVinca minor 9 cm€6.50 As low as €6.18Out of stockOut of stockPeriwinkle is a strong ground covering plant, ideal for covering larger areas and as an edging plant (around ponds). Learn More
- Ø 9cmGroundcoveringVinca minor AlbaVinca minor Alba 9 cm€5.95Out of stockOut of stockVinca minor Alba, blooms with white flowers from February to May. Vinca minor Alba prefers to be in a shaded spot on moist, well drained soil. Learn More
View as List Grid
Vinca or Periwinkle is a low maintenance vigorous, evergreen shrub
The English name periwinkle is shared with the related genus Catharanthus and is native to Europe, northwest Africa and southwest Asia. Two of the species, Vinca major and Vinca minor, are the most common varieties cultivated as a fast growing trailing vine. Because of its low and spreading habit they are widely used as groundcovers but are also grown for its attractive glossy, green foliage, as well as its flowers. These prolific, self-seeders if left unattended will usually re-seed themselves and can invade your entire garden. Over the years, Vinca has also been used for medicinal purposes for lowering blood pressure, treating for coughs, colds, sore throats, eye and lung infections and for lowering sugar levels for diabetics.
The key to growing Vinca properly is regular pruning and with proper care and attention Vinca will create masses of beautiful purple flowers.